Subject: Re: netbsd historical bg
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Gratzian Irimia <gratzian_irimia@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 09/29/2005 12:29:38
 --- Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org> escribió:

> Hello list,
>
> unfortunately the NetBSD Guide  doesn't cover the
> historical background of
> NetBSD and how the Name "NetBSD" evolved and why it
> is called "Net" BSD.
> Also no names are mentioned, like who formed the
> NetBSD Group or who worked
> on NetBSD before 0.8.
> It would be great to add more Information about
> NetBSD's History to the
> Guide.
>

> Z.

Well , I don't see your point. The guide has beed made
to help out people on how to use NetBSD , and to
understand the arhitecture of NetBSD , and I don't
it's really necesary to be posted on the the people
who work on 0.8 .. I can't understand , if I have a
problem , and I am looking on the guide for help , how
could help me to know why it is called ¨Net¨ BSD and
who work on first NetBSDs versions development.
Really..
I understand your ethical point about ¨paying a
tribute¨  to this grand people who did such a
wonderful action to create NetBSD , but heh .. to put
that on the guide , I doubt is a good idea. There are
special places on the website for this wonderful
people.. and it's okay.

--My opinion

Correo Yahoo!