Subject: Re: chap-security ?
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 08/07/2005 01:59:58
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Rui Paulo wrote:
> I have a document from Elad Efrat describing some steps how Verified Exec
> works and how to work with it. ;) I'm thinking about adding it to the
> NetBSD guide, but I guess we need a chapter called "NetBSD Security".
>
> Any opinions ? Where should be the exact location for it (i.e., between
> which chapters) ?

What else would go in that security chapter, and what would the chapters
be that it is equal to?

Serious, I see that we have things like cgd etc. in "III. System
configuration, administration and tuning" right now, and I'd just add
"Verified Exec" (or whatever) as another section under that, just like
CGD, PAM, RAIDframe and PAM have their own sections there. No need to
introduce artificial structure here at this point - we can do that when
there's a good reason later. YMMV.

  - Hubert