Subject: Re: xsltproc RAM usage
To: None <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/29/2005 08:46:47
----Security_Multipart(Wed_Jun_29_08_46_47_2005_463)--

Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org> wrote
  in <20050628223819.GA4270@NetBSD.org>:

rp> On 2005.06.29 00:31:43 +0000, Klaus Heinz wrote:
rp> > I think we should apply at least one of those changes soon. Since b) is
rp> > completely under our control I would prefer this. Solution a) was
rp> > submitted to the xsltproc maintainers, if I remember correctly.
rp>
rp> What did they said?

 One of the authors said he had no time to investigate it
 a few years ago.  A patch posted to docs@ works but may have some
 drawbacks---while actually we are not in trouble with it, it may be
 a problem from the aspect of standard conformance.  So I am working
 on another patch to add an option to reduce RAM consumption in this way
 but I do not have enough time to do so recently (sorry).
 Once it is finished, we can put it in the pkgsrc tree, I think.