Subject: Re: htdocs/Ports/history.html ==> htdocs/Ports/index.xml
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/02/2005 01:19:20
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> htdocs/Releases/formal.xml. I think it's nice to see what ports
> were included in which release first at a glance, but that's still
> redundant information. Shall we leave it that way, or maybe someone has a
> better idea?

Maybe we can define those dates as XML entities (like
&netbsd.release.date.0.9;, &netbsd.release.date.2.0.2, etc.). The entities
can be defined in a central place (share/xml/*.ent).

On the other hand, for the table in question, we would still need to know
the actual date to insert the release information in the correct row.
If we want to have the dates inserted automatically into the table, that
would need some thinking and a specialized stylesheet.

ciao
     Klaus