Subject: Re: lower RAM usage with xsltproc
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/14/2005 00:03:19
Simas Mockevicius wrote:
> Don't know why, but on my server, where I work with htdocs
> generation of autolayout.xml works without patches very well
> and quickly.

I do not know how much main memory your server contains but in my book,
a process size of 651 MB for "xsltproc" with a resident set size of 338
MB in a machine with 512 MB RAM (numbers from today with the latest
layout.xml) is way too much.

I have a version of layout.xml with all the XML files we currently have
(ie, all translated files included) which cannot be transformed into
autolayout.xml anymore because the data segment cannot grow to more
than 1 GB on this machine.

ciao
     Klaus