Subject: Re: Location of NetBSD DTDs
To: None <>
From: Hiroki Sato <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/07/2005 03:29:29

"Mike M. Volokhov" <> wrote
  in <>:

mi> But specified path to DTD is not available. Is this correct? Or it (and
mi> all descending paths) should be fixed to the:
mi> 	""
mi> Possible I've missing something?

 I intentionally choose the different prefix from ones used in
 the webpages in  This is because the URI in the
 doctype declaration is used as a namespace and actually it
 has nothing to do with the WWW server.  This URI is resolved by XML
 catalogs in htdocs/share/xml/catalog-common.xml and
 htdocs/share/xml/catalog.xml and then always points one of
 local files.

 This resolution provides some sort of flexibility and consistency
 which is especially useful for localization.  For example,
 "/lang/" in the URI can be replaced with language name such as
 "/de/" by using an additional XML catalog for German, without modification
 of XML files themselves.  I am planning to implement separation of
 localized part of XSLT stylesheets and entity sets with this
 mechanism (and eliminate DOCLANG hack).

| Hiroki SATO

Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (FreeBSD)