Subject: Re: Problem building pkgsrc guide
To: None <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/24/2005 01:00:49
----Security_Multipart(Sun_Apr_24_01_00_49_2005_733)--

Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> wrote
  in <20050423091745.GP1326@dmath5.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at>:

wi> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 10:50:18AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
wi> >  Hmm, did you define $SGML_CATALOG_FILES somewhere?  For example, setting
wi> >  SGML_CATALOG_FILES to "/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog" can break the build.
wi>
wi> Yes, I set it to
wi> 	/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog:/usr/pkg/share/sgml/catalog:/home/wiz/cvs/htdocs/share/xml/catalog
wi> and then forgot about it. Thanks for the hint, when I remove that
wi> from the environment, it works.
wi>
wi> Is this setting wrong? Or should the package perhaps override the
wi> environment variable?

 Well, you should remove /usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog because it is
 an XML catalog, not an SGML catalog.  Jade/OpenJade and OpenSP use
 SGML catalog via SGML_CATALOG_FILES, and xsltproc and other XML
 toolchains use XML catalog via XML_CATALOG_FILES.  These two catalog
 files are not compatible with each other, so if an XML catalog is
 specified in SGML_CATALOG_FILES, an error occurs.  In most cases,
 you do not need to set {SGML,XML}_CATALOG_FILES manually.

 And just in case, I committed a workaround for the htdocs/ tree.