Subject: Re: using XInclude
To: None <k.heinz.maer.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/14/2005 09:37:29
----Security_Multipart(Mon_Mar_14_09_37_29_2005_967)--

Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.maer.fuenf@onlinehome.de> wrote
  in <20050313191032.GH426@silence.homedns.org>:

k> There is a XML/XSLT specification called XInclude which is supported by
k> xsltproc. This lets us even include single XML elements (eg, the last 5
k> news items) from a referenced XML document.
k>
k> It looks like this:
k>
k>     <xi:include
k>         xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
k>         href="news.xml#xpointer(/webpage/newspage/portnewsitem[1])" />
k>     ...
k>     <xi:include
k>         xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
k>         href="news.xml#xpointer(/webpage/newspage/portnewsitem[5])" />

 Please use the following form:

 <xi:include
     xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
     href="news.xml" xpointer="xpointer(/webpage/newspage/portnewsitem[5])" />

 Using the href attribute to select part of a document is no longer
 supported in the XInclude standard (it was in some earlier draft versions,
 though).

k> Is it ok to add
k>   XSLTPROC_ARGS+= --xinclude
k>
k> to htdocs/share/mk/web.site.mk? Or should we only do this in those
k> directories where we actually use XInclude?

 I think it is no problem to add it to web.site.mk.