Subject: Re: More XSL Guide customization
To: None <mishka@apk.od.ua>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/17/2005 02:53:25
----Security_Multipart(Thu_Feb_17_02_53_25_2005_345)--

"Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@apk.od.ua> wrote
  in <20050214113026.15c55a94.mishka@apk.od.ua>:

m> >  I think $XML_ENCODING in the Makefile in the language dependent directory
m> >  is enough.  Didn't it work?
m>
m> Unfortunately, no. XML_ENCODING is used within three cases:

 Ah, right, I misunderstood your problem.

m> The best way to done this within cases above is a very first point, if
m> master*.xsl files would contain something like:
m>
m> 	<xsl:param name="chunker.output.encoding">@@HTML_ENCODING@@</xsl:param>
m> 	<xsl:output encoding="@@HTML_ENCODING@@"/>

 These sort of settings can be customized by using <lang>/share/default-*.xsl.
 Please define $chunker.output.encoding in these files as done
 in ko/share/default-html-chunk.xsl.

 I am still not sure XML_ENCODING and SP_ENCODING problem you mention.
 Do you need conversion of the encoding during XSLT processing?
 Could you please show me a more specific case?