Subject: Re: Kernel cross-compiling howto
To: None <>
From: Florian Stoehr <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/25/2004 00:06:28

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:57:16 +0100 (CET)
> Florian Stoehr <> wrote:
>> since I shot myself in the foot cross-compiling a kernel yesterday and
>> had to figure things out (I found no documentation except VERY old
>> mailing list entries), I wrote a litte howto.
> --=20
> tsch=FC=DF,
>       Jochen
> Homepage:

thanks all for the many replies - sure, the one-line version is a lot=20

Yep, that's described in the "cross building NetBSD" howto.

Perhaps a link in the "Kernel FAQ" or a short note there'd be good since=20
"Kernel FAQ" is the item one'd look for kernel compilation issues first,=20
perhaps not cross-building (at least not me, and I don't think I'm alone).

So one sentence "Refer to <url> for cross-compiling the kernel" in FAQ=20