Subject: Re: The NetBSD Guide: first pass for NetBSD 2.0 done
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/14/2004 15:25:42
--Uus2/pBTyv0r7Av1

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 02:43:30AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>=20
>  * move from /etc/ifconfig.* to rc.conf's ifconfig_*
>  * move from /etc/mygate to rc.conf's defaultroute

I'm not sure if these should be the default recommendation, but it
certainly rates a mention as a useful alternative.

>  * chap-dns: Should be written from scratch, with giving proper definitio=
ns
>    of concepts like "zone" and "ressource record", SOA, A, AA, NS,
>    in-addr.arpa, ....

I did this a couple of weeks ago. At least, I added intro/background
material on all those things, though I didn't rewrite the
examples/tutorial part fo the chapter at all.

>  * chap-mail: add example on setting up some spam filter (spamassassin,
>    spamprobe)

I'd like a postfix section/chapter for mail too; I might get around to
writing a basic one (it only needs to be *very short* :) with useful
references to wider postfix doco.

Other chapters I think we need, at some stage:

 - ipsec
 - systrace
 - style guide for writing guide chapters, embodying when and how to
   use certain markup elements, writing in the first/third person,
   using examples, etc.

--
Dan.

--Uus2/pBTyv0r7Av1