Subject: The NetBSD Guide: first pass for NetBSD 2.0 done
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <email@example.com>
Date: 12/14/2004 02:43:30
Well, subject says it all - I'm done with a first pass through (the
english version of) the NetBSD Guide for updating it for NetBSD 2.0. I'm
sure there are many nits left, and I'd appreciate if you could take a look
and send me mail with what I've forgotten.
The updated version of the NetBSD Guide is available at:
* HTML: http://www.NetBSD.org/guide/en/
* PDF: http://www.NetBSD.org/guide/download/netbsd-en.pdf.gz
* PS: http://www.NetBSD.org/guide/download/netbsd-en.ps.gz
See http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/ap-contrib.html for more information on
contributing to the NetBSD Guide.
FWIW, my list of things to do is:
* describe DSL setup in chap-net
* move from /etc/ifconfig.* to rc.conf's ifconfig_*
* move from /etc/mygate to rc.conf's defaultroute
* Capitalize all <note>s
* .) => ).
* Move <note>s to normal paragraphs - more readable
* Someone check "Connecting NetBSD and Windows NT", and
"Connecting NetBSD and Windows 95", update for WinXP
* chap-dns: Should be written from scratch, with giving proper definitions
of concepts like "zone" and "ressource record", SOA, A, AA, NS,
* chap-mail: add example on setting up some spam filter (spamassassin,
* Look at FreeBSD handbook, and see if we can use some chapters
from it (check license!): localization, PPPoE
* Merge chap-kernel.xml and chap-build.xml
* Add IDs for all sections
If you want to help out with any of these, let me know!
NetBSD - Free AND Open! (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)