Subject: Re: which boot image to use
To: James K. Lowden <>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/28/2004 12:33:11
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 08:29, James K. Lowden wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:12:22 -0400, "Brian A. Seklecki"
> <> wrote:
> > Yet another draft copy:
> >

> > ...pending response from some of the more exotic ports on 2.0 updates /
> > changes, I'll submit a patch via send-pr(1)

> +++
> I hope these points are useful.
> If you like my ideas, I'd be willing to participate in the effort more
> directly and review the whole thing.  I'm not set up atm to build the
> guide (at least, I don't think so), but that's fairly easily remedied.

Actually my original goal was to simply merge the Documentation/
cdrom.{list,html} content into the guide chap-misc.{xml,html}.  All
content not related to bootable cd-rom images was written by the
original author.  I have, however, taken the liberty of making the
corrections you have outlined.

> 8. Who is "me" and "I" in this document?  Do we want it in first
> person?

...I didn't write a lot of the original content, so I cannot speak for
issues of "tense"; however I do notice that a lot of the original
content is in the 1st person.

Personally when I write content, I try to make it as "dry" and "benign"
of tense as possible as to ease translation, avoiding complicated use of
English grammatical structure.