Subject: RFC: Chapter 9. Compiling the kernel
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Simas Mockevicius <symka@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/29/2004 17:18:10
--DocE+STaALJfprDB

Hi,

requested by some comments on personal e-mails and irc:

how about to update a little bit chap-kernel ?

- adjustkernel script now resides in the pkgsrc/sysutils/adjustkernel,=20
  so maybe we need to point to there rather than=20
  http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/adjustkernel ?
- change old perl to newer one to not confuse users?=20
  s/perl-5.00404.tgz/perl-5.8.4.tgz/?
- after ``make depend'' and ``make'', maybe add ``make install''?
  then we don't need section about ``mv /netbsd /netbsd.old''
  because it will do mostly the same netbsd -> onetbsd and with
  the one command.
- if we do this ^^^^^^^^, correct section 9.8:
  > boot netbsd.old -s
  ->
  > boot onetbsd -s

  and=20