Subject: Re: 2.0 chap-exinst
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <daniel@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/27/2004 11:01:51
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:47:21PM +0200, Daniel de Kok wrote:
> I am currently working on the example installation chapter, to make it
> up to date for NetBSD 2.0, using Hubert's installation screenshots (nobody
> else seems to work on it ;). The last time it was attempted to resize
> all the screenshot, which caused alot of quality loss. I propose leaving
> the screenshots the same size, and using the "scale" option to let docbook
> take care of scaling. When cutting of the Bochs bar most screenshots are
> only about 5KB.

Ok, that didn't help either. I tried scaling with ImageMagic, The GIMP,
and letting the browser scale. The result are very fuzzy images, it seems
that grey on blue text doesn't work at our advantage for screenshots ;).

I'll try and see if I can make the screenshots at a lower resolutions.
In the meanwhile, if somebody has other good suggestions, I'd love to
hear them.

-- Daniel