Subject: Re: FFS soft-dependencies in chap-boot?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/16/2004 22:50:21

Daniel de Kok <> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:51:55PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > I was wondering if maybe it would make sense to write a separate chapter
> > on file systems?  It could cover in a little bit more detail the various
> > filesystems supported by NetBSD, such as ffs, lfs, mfs, procfs and some
> > of the other things mentioned in /etc/fstab.
> Good idea! But IMHO it would be better to make it a seperate article for=
> the documenation section. The Guide is getting quite long and maybe a
> detailed description of filesystems is a bit beyond the scope of a guide
> for people new to NetBSD.

Well, actually I think it would make for a nice addition to the guide.
The FreeBSD Handbook also has some ``UNIX basics'', which certainly
help the user understand what's going on.  But this certainly would take
more time, so why don't you just import your addition to chap-boot, and
if/when we find the time and decide to write a filesystems chapter, we
re-arrange things...

"Ford," he said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)