Subject: Re: printed guide
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/05/2003 13:23:01
--AzNpbZlgThVzWita

Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:

> LinuxWorld '04 is coming to NY in January, and I'd like to have
> available bound copies of the NetBSD Guide for sale at the booth.
>=20
> (a) What needs to be done to get the Guide into a presentable shape,
> what sections need updating etc?

Well, we now have the guide in a printable format.  That's great!  While
we're at it, I'd like to get the pkgsrc information into the same shape.
:-)

> (b) Does anybody here know a place where one can print and bind the
> guide for little money?

Currently, the guide has 226 pages.  Kinko's website says that
double-sided and bound each one would cost $20.  I'm not sure if that is
a price that many people would be willing to pay  -- what do people
think?  Or does anybody know of cheaper alternatives?

-Jan

--=20
DON'T PANIC!

--AzNpbZlgThVzWita