Subject: Re: htdocs/guide reorganization to support printable formats
To: Hiroki Sato <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/29/2003 19:58:41

Hiroki Sato <> wrote:

>  I committed various changes to htdocs/guide just now.  They are
>  mainly for supporting to generate PostScript and PDF version of
>  the guide natively and cleanups of xml markup.

Thanks a lot for your work.  However, I can't build the guide, it seems.
I haven't yet investigated much further, but after applying your patches
for the required packages and building them, /usr/pkg/bin/osx keeps
segfaulting on me.

On another system, osx seems to go through fine, but then I get a lot of
other errors, such as:

$ make
env SGML_CATALOG_FILES=3D XML_CATALOG_FILES=3D/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog
/usr/pkg/bin/xsltproc --param manifest "'HTML.manifest'" --nonet
--catalogs default-chunk.xsl default-chunk.xml
default-chunk.xml:716: error: Premature end of data in tag sect1 line

default-chunk.xml:716: error: Premature end of data in tag chapter line

default-chunk.xml:716: error: Premature end of data in tag book line 3

unable to parse default-chunk.xml
*** Error code 6

The file .sxerr is at

$ make FORMATS=3Dps STYLE_TYPE=3Ddsssl > ps.err 2>&1

The file ps.err is at

This one's tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like eleventeen...

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)