Subject: Re: Bridging HOWTO I posted at Justlinux.com
To: Daniel de Kok <daniel@evilbsd.net>
From: Alex Cavnar <big_alex_222@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/18/2003 08:25:29
--- Daniel de Kok <daniel@evilbsd.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Alex Cavnar wrote:
> > I'd be more than happy to submit a patch for chap-net, provided I
> knew
> > how. Are there any resources you know of that I could use to learn
> how
> > to submit such a patch?
>
> It is actually quite simple;). A quick guide:
<snip>
> It might be good idea to stick to the standard interface(s) used in
> the
> chapter (ne0). If you think it is too much work, I volunteer to make
> bridging subsection patch for chap-net. But after the weekend,
> because I
> am busy working on a chap-ipf proposal and a NetBSD presentation
> right
> now;).
>
> If you still have any questions left, don't hesitate to post them
> here.

I've been using the rest of the chapter as a guide, and I'm doing some
reformatting right now on it. Once I get that done, I'll proceed to
change out elements that are mentioned, like using ne0. I've got no
problem using ne0 if that's what consistency demands.

It may take a little longer than I expect though, because I just left
my job (told the boss to "take this job and shove it") yesterday, so
I'm going to have to look for a new source of income... But, at least I
still have my nights to work on it! I should be able to have a patch to
submit for review by week's end.

--Alex Cavnar