Subject: Re: Bridging HOWTO I posted at Justlinux.com
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <daniel@evilbsd.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/17/2003 08:35:42
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Alex Cavnar wrote:
> I'd be more than happy to submit a patch for chap-net, provided I knew
> how. Are there any resources you know of that I could use to learn how
> to submit such a patch?

It is actually quite simple;). A quick guide:

* Get the htdocs sources via anoncvs.
* Make modifications in chap-net.
* Do a 'make' to see if it still build correctly (you need xslt and
  docbook-xsl for this).
* Do a 'cvs diff -bu chap-net.xml > ~/chap-x.diff', the diff is
  ~/chap-x.diff after that.

It might be good idea to stick to the standard interface(s) used in the
chapter (ne0). If you think it is too much work, I volunteer to make a
bridging subsection patch for chap-net. But after the weekend, because I
am busy working on a chap-ipf proposal and a NetBSD presentation right
now;).

If you still have any questions left, don't hesitate to post them here.

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok

---
Running NetBSD/i386 1.6.2_RC2