Subject: Re: How to do the Guide for 2.0
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/13/2003 10:17:24

"Jason R. Fink" <> wrote:
> Basically I could only come up with two ways:
> 	1. Create a 2.0 "snapshot" of the Guide that
> 	   excludes chapters that we are either ditching
> 	   or we cannot get up to speed by 2.0 release date.
> 	2. Create a 2.0 branch that does not have outdated
> 	   or dead content.
> Of course, there is a 3rd option, do nothing, just keep doing
> what we are doing and let the Guide be a "living" document forever.

I think branching may not be a bad idea after all.  That way, people who
use stable releases could always get an accurate copy of the guide
instead of having to get the latest and then figure out which parts no
longer apply.

Just my $.02.

Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)