Subject: Re: printed guide
To: netbsd-advocacy <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/08/2003 18:03:43

Tim Ivorson <> wrote:
> >LinuxWorld '04 is coming to NY in January, and I'd like to have
> >available bound copies of the NetBSD Guide for sale at the booth.
> If you did do this, would they be available for shipping direct to users?

I'm sure if there is enough demand, then the NetBSD Project can
determine a viable, permanent solution to making these available.  If we
can't find a way to do this regularly (or on demand, say, if we receive
N orders, we print them and ship them), then I'd certainly be happy to
now take one-time orders and print the appropriate amount of extra
copies before the expo.

Similarly, any extra copies not sold at the expo will then be available
on a first-come-first-serve basis, I guess.

Of course, all of the above with the disclaimer:  I have never done any
online vending... ;-)

> Would such a venture be profitable? Where would any profits go?

All profits of all merchandise we'll sell at the booth at the Expo's
usually goes directly to The NetBSD Foundation.

If you can read this, you're not the president.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)