Subject: Re: booting from raidframe doc
To: Daniel de Kok <daniel@nedslack.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/05/2003 20:22:27
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:21:48PM +0100, Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > Martti wrote a wonderful document about setting up raidframe tp boot from
> > raid1 on netbsd: http://www.iki.fi/kuparine/bsd/raid/raid.html
> > he agrees to have it integrated into htdocs (or maybe better the guide,
> > for long term purpose?), any takers?
>
> It looks really good. I can convert it to DocBook/XML for the guide if
> Jason and Jan agree.

Do you want the guide to cover 1.6 of 2.0?

That info is all wrong for 2.0..... (and even for current).

It may even be worth modifying sysinst to make the job easier?

eg allow for the 64 sector raid header when partitioning the disk.
Maybe even write the raid description (raid1 with one copy!) to the
raid header.  Then it is just a matter of mirroring onto a second disk?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk