Subject: Re: The Guide for 2.0
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <blowgish@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/05/2003 09:17:03
Hi all,

> - The cgd chapter needs some work (I don't use it
>   so I have no idea what that is ...)

The CGD chapter is in there, I think it should do, but if someone sends me
some useful comments I can make a new version and send it to Jason or Jan.

> - Daniel suggested splitting up the networking
>   chapter, I can look into that and I will touch
>   base with the author on it.

I think it would be a good idea to split it in at least three chapters:

* IPv4 and IPv6 theory and practice
* IPFilter (as far as I know there is only ipnat documentation in
chap-net, so a basic introduction to ipf still has to be written, I could
have a look at it if I find some time...)
* NFS/AMD (should really be a seperate chapter, just like DNS and Mail are
in seperate chapters)

> The only other item is the example installation. For those
> who will be packaging the Guide up, comment out the example
> installation chapter, delete all target files, rebuild.

Maybe the chapter can be revised without screenshots? They are quite
bandwith intensive for modem users and I think they are not needed if the
documentation of each part of the installer is OK. I wouldn't mind to
revise the installation *if* screenshots are left out. I still have a
-current snapshot CD-ROM lying around somewhere and could update the
instructions with it.

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok