Subject: Re: printed guide
To: James K. Lowden <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/03/2003 20:55:44

"James K. Lowden" <> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Jan Schaumann <> wrote:
> >=20
> > LinuxWorld '04 is coming to NY in January, and I'd like to have
> > available bound copies of the NetBSD Guide for sale at the booth.
> That's a good idea, Jan.  If we charged $10 for a wire-bound manual and a
> CD, how many do you suppose we could sell?=20

I think they would go well.  If we provide free CDs as usual, with no
frills, and in contrast a really good printed manual and a CD maybe in a
small case or at least a sleeve (possibly with a printed label?), I'm
sure that people would be happy to pay.

Also, manuals without CDs would sell well, I would guess.  Hard to
estimate, but at _least_ 20-30 or so.

Anybody here ever sell printed manuals at a show who might have better

However, the guide currently talks about NetBSD 2.0, so if 2.0 is not
out by mid January, would it be wise to sell the guide in that
``edition''?  (Actually, I think that's ok.)

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)