Subject: Re: Section 6.5, adding users
To: Erik Berls <cyber@ono-sendai.com>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/22/2003 13:02:53
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 07:03:22PM -0700, Erik Berls wrote:
> Section 6.5 looks like it last saw an overhaul back in the 1.4.2
> days.  Some text should be added to note that one needs to specify
> "-G wheel" if one wants that account to be able to su to root.
> Maybe with a footnote that sshd disables remote root logins by
> default.  This is usefull if someone is setting up a server thats
> tucked into a closet. [#-)

Excellent suggestion. I will look into this in a bit
(ie days) right now I am trying to unfungle how the
targets actually work :)

> Is the guide tracked via PRs?  No category jumped out at me using
> the web interface.  Or is "install" with type "doc" being used?

I would think either/or doc/www

Right now, 2 people are on *point* as it were for the
Guide, myself and Jan. Me being primary and Jan a backup
of sorts, when Jan is on rotation he generally answers Guide
related emails.

Thanks Erik!