Subject: Re: The directory name of the language specific documentations
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 08/10/2003 17:40:32

Rui-Xiang Guo <> wrote:

> Maybe it is possible to let us just use one directory 'zh' if we use utf-8
> as the encoding.

Hmm, since I don't speak (any) Chinese and don't know about the
different variations or dialects I may be completely wrong here, but I
thought that the desire to have zh-TW and zh-CN resulted from the two
languages being sufficiently different to make it hard (or even
impossible?) for people speaking one to understand the other.

If that is the case, then I don't know how we could combine both pages
under 'zh'.

What do most commercial websites in China do?  Do they provide two (or
more) versions of their websites or do they just have one?

Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have=20
normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own lookout.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)