Subject: New Chapters Added
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/28/2003 17:31:59
Hello,

I've always wanted to say this, some of you probably
noticed a flurry of commits to the Guide today :-)

I copied over the rc.d and inetd documentation from
htdocs/Documentation into the Guide. At some point
(in a few days) the originals will be deleted.

I also added the build.sh chapter. I am positive
that I missed or misused some tags in a few locations
so some once overs would be great from those who have
a few cycles to spare.

As far as I am concerned, with the current state the
Guide is in now, it will be fine for the 2.0 release
barring major changes between now and then (which we
can hopefully stay on top of).

I would like to see a cgd chapter, something on
veriexec, and perhaps a bit about systrace, and for
anyone who wants to an update of the install example,
lacking those does not invalidate the documentation.

The Guide probably needs some going over here and there,
but the main differences between 1.5 and -current have
been nailed.

Over time, of course, we will continue to add new
material as we see fit, for now at least we are out
of emergancy mode.

Thanks to all of the contributions in fixes in both
markup and content, and keep em coming!

Jay Fink http://argos.homeunix.net/~jrf/