Subject: Re: Guide 'pics'
To: None <jrf@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/24/2003 20:46:34
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Jason R. Fink wrote:

> Recreating them is basically, a pain in the arse.

When I was making my custom sysinst, I did my testing just in a xterm. I
didn't get all the different menus, but it should be easy enough to get
most of them by running it from a console (and capturing it).

> With so many changes happening to sysinst, we
> came to the realization it simply is not practical.

I can agree with that.

(I am not sure why your message was CC'd to the other lists, but
tech-install list may be a good idea, since that is where some of the
sysinst new development has been recently discussed.)

> Our eventual goal will be to be able to pull in
> the INSTALL instructions into the Guide via some
> sort of XML mechanism - what that would be, I really
> do not know at this point.

Since most (or all) of the sysinst menus are in menuc(1) files, it seems
like there should be some trivial way to just display them.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/