Subject: Guide 'pics'
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org,>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/24/2003 21:58:17
Hello .. again,

Well, after some discussion, we decided to _not_
include install pics in the install section of
the Guide. Here is why:

Recreating them is basically, a pain in the arse.
With so many changes happening to sysinst, we
came to the realization it simply is not practical.

Our eventual goal will be to be able to pull in
the INSTALL instructions into the Guide via some
sort of XML mechanism - what that would be, I really
do not know at this point.

Over the next few days I will be working on
getting the INSTALL section to where it only
refers to the INSTALL notes per platform.

Once I am done with that, we will be able to
start moving forward,

thx,

NOTE: I want to thank all of you who
      helped out with suggestions and