Subject: Status of the NetBSD Guide
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org,>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/24/2003 14:40:36
Hello,

The NetBSD Guide is very close to being up to
-current (which will be 2.0 at some point here).

Right now, the biggest problem with the Guide is
the installation example. Anyone who has installed
a snapshot recently and looks over at that section
in the Guide can pretty much see they are a wee bit
different!

I am sure the rest of the guide has some nits, but
nothing as glaring as the install section. Many people
have sent in images and the like already, but not of
the complete install.

Basically, here is what I need, pictures in jpg
format of an example install process using a snapshot
(of the i386 port in particular).

I myself tried using vmware recently (no luck)
and a few months ago bochs (again, no luck).
I was told by some friends that recently, bochs seems to
run okay, so, I will also be trying to get bochs going.
In the meantime, pictures of the install process would
be great (just in case I am slow going).

Once the install example is fixed, I would like to
start adding chapters to the guide.

Thanks for your time,

Jay Fink http://argos.homeunix.net/~jrf/