Subject: Re: CVS commit: htdocs/guide/en
To: Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/04/2003 08:18:30
>  - chap-cvs.xml: using <replaceable>&lt;BRANCH&gt;</replaceable> is better
>                  (and perhaps &lt; and &gt; are not needed).

Okay, I was literally following what was already in there :)
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger!

>  - ap-ack.xml: use <email>, not use &lt;someone@example.com&gt;.

Yeah, that does make more sense huh?

I will bet that there are _many errors_ like those spread throughout
the Guide.

>  Why credits are moved to the appendix?

Critical mass. While many authors initially donated sections or
chapters, since then, many others have additions, fixes, and
so forth. Grant and I came to the conclusion we would end up
with umpteen names in each chapter ... it would make more sense
to have them all in one place with their work credited.

I would like, at some point, for the acknowledgements to be either
before or right after the index page. That way people get the impression
the Guide *is* a community effort up front versus going all the
way to an appendix (which many users probably do not read).

Thanks!

Jason (Jay) R Fink jrf@netbsd.org