Subject: Re: Who is the maintainer of Chinese Documentation?
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.drei@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/11/2003 18:43:51

I think the translator was Rui-Xiang Guo (rxg  at netbsd.org).

> BTW, I'd like to translate it into Simplified Chinese(zh-cn), how can I
> submit it?

You can send it (or a link to download the translated files) to this list
or to www/at/netbsd.org.

As far as I can see, the chapter about translation in the original guide
assumes western languages and characters. I am not sure how to use
Chinese characters with SGML although I suppose you will need to use
UTF-8 encoding in your documents; Big5 or GB2312 may not be supported by
the SGML tools mentioned in the guide.
A quick search in pkgsrc shows that vim, cooledit, yudit and wily seem
to support UTF-8 encoded texts but I cannot say how usable they are.
Emacs can probably use UTF-8 as well :-).

ciao
     Klaus