Subject: Re: pool(9)
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/02/2003 23:00:59
On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:39:58 +0900 (JST), Masao Uebayashi
<uebayasi@pultek.co.jp> wrote:
> Not sure such a post is relevant here though...

I don't know, either, but I can at least parse it for you.

> > Conversely, it will return unused memory to the system should the
> > number of accumulated unused items in the pool exceed a programmable
> > limit.

If the number of unused items [in the pool?] exceeds a programmable limit,
some of the memory [allocated to the pool] will be returned to system
[with prelease()?].

From reading the man page briefly, it looks to me that the "programmable
limit" is set with pool_sethiwat().

HTH.