Subject: Re: Netboot Guide
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/19/2003 22:41:23
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:57:15PM +0000, Alex Kirk wrote:
> >Perhaps you are not aware, but there is now work-in-progress to
> >convert the NetBSD website to Docbook XML. Docbook is not particularly
> >difficult to write (or read), most people who have never seen it
> >before have commented to me about how simple it is.
>
> That makes a big difference -- if there's a standardization effort like
> that going on, there's no reason not to support it. If it's as easly as you
> say, then I don't see any problems at all.

We use it for practically all of our doc tree at FreeBSD.org; it really
is quite simple to pick up, plus it has the added bonus of the O'Reilly
book being free and available at http://www.docbook.org for when things
get confusing.

> >For a crash course, take a look at htdocs/*.{xsl,xml} and
> >htdocs/releng/, which is the beginning of making this happen.

I haven't looked at these yet, but you may also want to take a look
at the FreeBSD stuff in doc/.  You may find that Nik Clayton has done
a lot of the hard work for you ;)

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.