Subject: Re: Dutch shortguide moved && question
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/02/2003 22:03:55
Daniel de Kok <> wrote:

> I would like to notify you that the Dutch translation of the NetBSD Guide
> moved to . Translation is progressing slowly,
> but this week I have no university courses, so maybe I can make some leaps
> forward.

Great to hear that you're making progress.  Keep us posted!

> BTW. I am wondering when the 1.6.1 release announcement wil become available
> for translation. I would be nice to have a Dutch translation too ;).

While the release announcement has not yet been drafted, it's not going
to be fundamentally different from the 1.5.3 announcement[1].  That is,
you can use that as a template to start the translation with the
following subsitutions:

Then, the list of changes since 1.6 is available in
src/doc/CHANGES-1.6.1 of tagged netbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RC1 in CVS or at

You may also want to compare it to the 1.6 release announcement[2].

Once the official announcement is available, I will inform you and other
translators, so that we can get it translated into as many languages as

Thanks for your volunteering!

Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."