Subject: Re: Dutch translation of the Short Guide to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <daniel@nedbsd.nl>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/03/2002 13:40:38
On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 06:28:22PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Daniel de Kok <daniel@nedbsd.nl> wrote:
> > what is the best way to handle things?
> >
> > - Put it up on my own site till a larger part is translated and send it
> > to Jan Schaumann then.
> > - Send it right after I finished the two chapters I mentioned.
> > - Drop the whole thing, because somebody already translated it.
>
> If, on the other hand, you rather wish to maintain the translation on
> your website (as, for example, the German translation, which is hosted
> by Thorsten Lindloff on his website), I'd suggest you put up whatever
> you have, and offer it for review to other Dutch-speaking people.

I think this is the best option, because can probably arrange to put it on
the NedBSD.nl site, which attract many Dutch BSD users. This way it is
probably reviewed more thoroughly and I can put snapshots of it online
myself.

> In the interest of keeping the translation up-to-date or continue your
> efforts should you (for whatever reason) stop working on the translation
> I generally favor importing it into the NetBSD CVS tree, but the
> decision is, of course, yours. :)

Well, I don't have the intention to stop yet;), but when I might I can
always send the latest SGML's to you. OK, well thanks for the suggestions,
I'll post the URL on this list once I got some stuff finished...

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok