Subject: Re: default copyright for docs?
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/29/2002 16:18:03
Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org> writes:
> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org> writes:
> > > Anybody know what our default copyright is for documentation like man
> > > pages etc?
> >
> > Its the BSD license, or is that not what you meant?
>
> My question was, under what license/copyright do the man-pages etc.
> fall.

more /usr/src/bin/ls/ls.1

.\"     $NetBSD: ls.1,v 1.33 2002/04/29 19:47:01 kleink Exp $
.\"
.\" Copyright (c) 1980, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
.\"     The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
.\"
.\" This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by
.\" the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
.\"
.\" Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
.\" modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
.\" are met:
[...]

In other words, yes, everything is BSD licensed. Poke around a bit.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com