Subject: Re: Current Projects?
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/21/2002 16:46:39
Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> Hmmm, s/everything/Documentation/ is what I was getting at.  In fact, the
> idea that you would consider that I was insinuating coverting the _entire_
> site is overwhelming.

If you did not 'insinuate' :) this, then I certainly intend to.

> It's the definative solution for technical writing, and, as you pointed
> out, ideal in other selective applications (dynamic content, "Recent News"
> on the front page comes to mind).  At least for /Documentation

The beauty of it is, we can do this step by step: Parts of the site can
remain in pure HTML while others are changed to XML (which turns into
HTML afterwards). People visiting the site will see what they are seeing
now, simple HTML pages.

> I havn't goten that far yet.  As I understand it, XSL and CSS are entire
> SGML implentations for stylesheet design and translation.  Whole books

XSL (and XSLT, which concerns us more) is an XML application, but CSS
is not. IIRC, the idea and work on CSS predates the XML standard.
But maybe CSS was reworked along the lines of XHTML, I don't know.

> I'm thinking over summer break (May 6th -> July 22nd) I'll have a reduced
> workload and will be looking to tackle a side project (along with
> assembly, SQL, and maybe finish my CCNA >:})

I guess, the work will not be done by then and there _will_ be something
left for you to contribute.

ciao
     Klaus