Subject: cvs-repos/notes.html
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/18/2002 20:13:32
Hi all,

Some questions regarding the meaning of a few things in
/htdocs/developers/cvs-repos/notes.html:

Wrt HEAD, it says:
"When you're current ..."
"When you're updated -r netbsd-1-4-base ..."
"When you're updated -r netbsd-1-4-PATCH001 or -r netbsd-1-4 ..."

Is the meaning here: "When you update by using 'cvs update -r
netbsd-1-4-base' ..."?  It seems to me the wording is akward and
misleading.

Further down it says:

"You can use -Dnow (but that's occasionally kinda broken, in the presence
of deleted files... though at least not too verbose about it"

The last part of the sentence doesn't parse.

"After a commit to the branch, if you're willing to do multiple updates
and use -kk, you can also tell by doing something like:"

You can also tell _what_?

I'm just wondering, since I'm trying to translate this page and stumbled
upon this and think it should be corrected to be less ambiguous.

Clarification appreciated! :)

-Jan

--
finger jschauma@netmeister.org