Subject: Re: supporting-cast international
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/21/2002 00:27:00
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Well, /htdocs/Changes/index.html is generated by "make", but what I was
> refering to was /htdocs/index.html (ie only the headlines).  If I'm not
> mistaken, then /htdocs/index.html is still updated by hand (or if it's
> not, then I have not yet figured out how it puts the headlines from
> /htdocs/Changes/index.list into place).

htdocs/index.html is updated manually, but with data output by "make" in
htdocs/Changes. I guess that "make" could update ../index.html as well.

> However, it should not be too tricky to have a similar sed-logic place
> the appropriate headlines from Changes/index.list into, say,
> /htdocs/NEWS, from which then in turn /htdocs/index.html and
> /htdocs/<lang>/index.html can be generated.  Maybe I try to figure that
> out tomorrow...

well, i wouldn't make .../NEWS a new file in the repository - it's really
just temporary data. (I think i once even had "update htdocs/index.html
on 'make' in htdocs/Changes" implemented, but can't find the code any
more... it's not that difficult anyways, though)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->