Subject: Re: supporting-cast international
To: None <www@netbsd.org, netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/20/2002 17:38:38
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Having a seperate EVENTS file looks ok to me, but please note that the
> NEWS file is created by a "make" in htdocs/Changes, which needs to be
> taken into account (somehow).

Well, /htdocs/Changes/index.html is generated by "make", but what I was
refering to was /htdocs/index.html (ie only the headlines).  If I'm not
mistaken, then /htdocs/index.html is still updated by hand (or if it's
not, then I have not yet figured out how it puts the headlines from
/htdocs/Changes/index.list into place).

However, it should not be too tricky to have a similar sed-logic place
the appropriate headlines from Changes/index.list into, say,
/htdocs/NEWS, from which then in turn /htdocs/index.html and
/htdocs/<lang>/index.html can be generated.  Maybe I try to figure that
out tomorrow...

-Jan

--
finger jschauma@netmeister.org