Subject: Re: NetBSD Ports History
To: Yuji Yamano <yyamano@kt.rim.or.jp>
From: Reed Shadgett <aiko@antigone.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/04/2001 08:32:00
On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 12:28:38AM +0900, Yuji Yamano wrote:
> We (Japan NetBSD Users' Group) wrote NetBSD ports history for presentation
> at Open Source Matsuri (Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> and
> URA Hiroshi <ura@hiru.aoba.yokohama.jp> mainly did it).

Looks good :)

> We believe it is better to put it on www.netbsd.org. Could you do it?

Of course, htdocs/Ports/history.html it is.

> - date
>
> The date before sparc64 are taken from the T-shirt at Linuxmall (first
> boot or first imported date?). Other date are first imported date taken
> from cvsweb. Could anyone make sure the date?

Yea, dates... huh.  I'll check this out so that at least all the dates
correspond to the same thing (probably when it could run, which is before
it was imported for some of the later ports), before I point to this
document from other places on the site.

Adding where the port originated would be good too.

We'll also add some intro text to avoid people thinking that anything
listed before a major release in the table was definitely a part of that
family of releases.

> - HTML
>
> I don't have any confidence in my knowledge about HTML. Could anyone
> validate it? And lowercase HTML tag is better for www.netbsd.org?

HTML has been made compliant, and tags were lowercased (I try to keep all
but the list tags that way).

> - links
>
> I added some links supposing the file will be imported as /Ports/history.html.
> If my assumption is wrong, we must fix the links.

Your assumption was right, so we don't have to. :)

--
Reed <aiko@antigone.net>