Subject: Re: where is cvs repository for webpages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Reed Shadgett <dent@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/17/2000 18:28:13
On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:26:29PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Personally, I don't see a problem with having a permanent record.

Uhm, there most definitely _is_ a permanent record of htdocs on
cvs.netbsd.org.  There's also www-changes@ for every commit to htdocs
if someone's bored enough with life to follow it. :)

> But, I can't fetch http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/about.list or
> http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/y2k.list, or http://www.netbsd.org/index.list.

list is the extension for a reason, being that its used for lists.  The
faqs and news files (our 'TOC/anchored entry' style) are the ones generated
from them.

> For new webpages is it always desired (or required) to provide in .list
> format? (Or is .html okay?)

Depends on what type of document it is (see above).  Things may change
slightly shortly, where more of the site is autogenerated from 'templates'
to make it easier for translation projects, but I have too many other
things I need to do in htdocs at the moment.

--
Reed <dent@netbsd.org>