Subject: Installing NetBSD/sparc64 from Solaris
To: None <,>
From: Murray Stokely <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/03/2000 19:43:53
  After two weeks of trying virtually every possible approach for
NetBSD/sparc64 installation I've documented the procedure that finally
worked for me on my Ultra 5.  The INSTALL.* documents in the 1.5_BETA
are severely lacking and if someone will point me to the source
document (SGML?) that these are created from, then I will submit a
patch.  In the mean time I've documented the procedure I used to
install NetBSD at the following URL :

  Thanks to Eduardo Horvath, Andrei Petrov, Matthew Green, Charles
Carvalho, and everyone else who gradually steered me in the right
direction.  I must say that this was the most difficult operating
system installation I have ever completed. ;)

	- Murray