Subject: Re: laptops and NetBSD
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Bernd Limbach <beli@aventa.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 09/11/2000 18:20:46
Hi all!

> Bernd Limbach has suggested that I think of "some kind of
a framework to
> standarize the page and give all contributors a handy way
to supply"
> information.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas to standardize the information?

Actually I am thinking of something similar to this:

- model of laptop (vendor)
- technical data of the laptop (CPU type, bus information,
usb, modem, network card, pcmcia, etc.)
- working devices (usb, modem, lan + vendor informations)
- installation procedure (especially hints and tips for
problems or straight forward installation)
- informations to configure X on the laptop screen (gfx
settings -> of course without warranty ;-)

Please have in mind that I am still a theoretical NetBSD
user without a running system... aarghh.

> Even as it currently stands, I find it to be quite useful.

Yes. :-)

MfG / Tchau! / Bye       Bernd
--
Bernd Limbach - The World Wilde ChemEng-Scout
Privat/Private: BeLi@aventa.de & BeLi@scoutnet.de