Subject: [netbsd-docs-de] Re: y2k/Releases/index.html proofread
To: None <netbsd-docs-de@guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-docs-de
Date: 11/30/2001 15:01:38
Uhm should this one be in german or in english ? ;)

"more information" -> "weiter(fuehrende) Informationen" => OK
"interface" -> "Schnittstelle" or "interface", think the latter
	should be known to computer-people. The translation works
	fine tho imho ([G]UI-> [Graphische] Benutzerschnittstelle)
I don't think you can translate 'y2k-complian{t,ce}' 1:1 to german,
don't have a good idea atm tho

"Release" -> I don't think "Freigabe" is good. Maybe "Paket", but
in the end, again, don't translate everything 1:1, better form
"good" german sentences (still to read the whole thing in german,
doing soon ;)

"supported platforms" -> e.g. "Lauffaehig auf:"

Italic fonts for english sentences ? Well, I think only if the english
word is sth like in your example, 'Single Unix Specification', "GNU's Not Unix",
but things which are just usually used in german, shouldn't be (e.g. compiler,
shell...)

A Style Guide would be a good thing, I suppose start with "Keine woertliche,
sondern sinngemaesse Uebersetzung" ;) [besser was umschreiben als n komisches
Wort nehmen ]

What's wrong with you setting up a CVS server ?
	(because you mention until we figure out a better way)

Well, hoping to have good time this weekend to get to a start...

Martin Weber