NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: kern/60851: change in pipe kevent EVFILT_READ/WRITE on wrong end



The following reply was made to PR kern/60851; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Markus Kilbinger <mk%kilbi.de@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: riastradh%netbsd.org@localhost, gnats-admin%netbsd.org@localhost, netbsd-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost, 
	campbell+netbsd%mumble.net@localhost
Subject: Re: kern/60851: change in pipe kevent EVFILT_READ/WRITE on wrong end
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 08:57:51 +0200

 Am Di., 6. Okt. 2026 um 06:10 Uhr schrieb Taylor R Campbell via gnats
 <gnats-admin%netbsd.org@localhost>:
 >
 > The following reply was made to PR kern/60851; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost>
 > To: Markus Kilbinger <mk%kilbi.de@localhost>
 > Cc: gnats-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost, netbsd-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > Subject: Re: kern/60851: change in pipe kevent EVFILT_READ/WRITE on wrong end
 > Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 04:08:42 +0000
 > [...]
 >  >   ... dovecot: master: Error: service(config): command startup failed,
 >  > throttling for 60.000 secs
 >
 >  Can you please update to the latest sys_pipe.c (1.186) and try dovecot
 >  again?
 
 Yes: For me it looks good so far:
 
   - all subprocs are started now:
 $ ps awx | grep dove
   470 ?     I    0:00.01 dovecot/imap
   582 ?     I    0:00.01 dovecot/log
  2371 ?     Is   0:00.04 /usr/pkg/sbin/dovecot
  2373 ?     I    0:00.01 dovecot/anvil
  2377 ?     I    0:00.03 dovecot/config
  3872 ?     I    0:00.02 dovecot/stats
 14118 ?     I    0:00.07 dovecot/auth -w
 15839 ?     I    0:00.02 dovecot/imap-login
 20569 ?     I    0:00.00 dovecot/auth
 
 - ... and seem to react normally again (I can retrieve mails).
 
 Thanks, Markus
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index