NetBSD-Bugs archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: port-mips/60780 (UBSan complains about left-shifting outside of int type range)
The following reply was made to PR port-mips/60780; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>
To: Alexander Schreiber <als%thangorodrim.ch@localhost>
Cc: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost, port-mips-maintainer%netbsd.org@localhost,
netbsd-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: port-mips/60780 (UBSan complains about left-shifting outside of int type range)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2026 02:59:13 +0700
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 18:51:38 +0200
From: Alexander Schreiber <als%thangorodrim.ch@localhost>
Message-ID: <asKEGjZEnL3Q11ak%mordor.angband.thangorodrim.de@localhost>
| just built and booted from HEAD/20261002154359Z and during bootup there
| is one remaining UBSan complaint about integer shifting on the EdgeRouter4:
|
| [ 1.000000] UBSan: Undefined Behavior in /usr/build/HEAD_20261002154359Z/usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/string/memset2.c:104:15, left shift of 4294967295 by 32 places cannot be represented in type 'long int'
This one is an easy fix (I believe) - I am testing a build now.
The data type is (according to the comments) intended to be unsigned,
but it is relying upon __register_t being unsigned to achieve that.
That may once have been a valid assumption (I have no idea) but it
certainly is not any more.
kre
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index