NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

PR/59056 CVS commit: src



The following reply was made to PR kern/59056; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Taylor R Campbell" <riastradh%netbsd.org@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%gnats.NetBSD.org@localhost
Cc: 
Subject: PR/59056 CVS commit: src
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2026 03:53:00 +0000

 Module Name:	src
 Committed By:	riastradh
 Date:		Fri Oct  2 03:53:00 UTC 2026
 
 Modified Files:
 	src/sys/miscfs/fifofs: fifo_vnops.c
 	src/tests/lib/libc/sys: t_poll.c
 
 Log Message:
 fifo: Followups to fix previous fifo_vnops.c change.
 
 1. Fix open so with O_RDONLY and not O_NONBLOCK, it will block as
    POSIX specifies until there are writers -- not until there are
    writers _or_ a read is possible without blocking (which is always
    immediately true because read will immediately report EOF).
 
    This was a regression in the previous change which I failed to
    catch because I committed the change a few days ago to hg and
    forgot that I hadn't yet run all the applicable tests when I
    exported it to CVS today -- I had only done the background
    research and thought about the semantics.
 
 2. Clear xfail on various tests that were fixed by the change.
 
 PR kern/59056: poll POLLHUP bugs
 PR kern/60789: read on fifo without writer may block
 
 
 To generate a diff of this commit:
 cvs rdiff -u -r1.93 -r1.94 src/sys/miscfs/fifofs/fifo_vnops.c
 cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 src/tests/lib/libc/sys/t_poll.c
 
 Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
 copyright notices on the relevant files.
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index